There are a few steps you can take:
- Insulate your walls and ceiling with thermal insulation.
- Keep doors and curtains closed to conserve heat but still allow the flow of fresh air.
- Make sure the fireplace you select has the right amount of output capacity for your floor area. See our comparison table for more information.
- Ensure your fireplace is correctly installed by using a qualified installer.
- Have your fireplace serviced each year in spring or summer to ensure it is operating at maximum efficiency and have your chimney cleaned annually.